Recent years have transformed the way businesses utilise digital tools. So what should new or small businesses focus on to amplify their marketing results? Here are five digital marketing opportunities to help you sustain and grow your business.
1. Invest in a CRM
Customer Relationship Management has proved to be a powerful tool that can help small businesses drive revenue quickly. Businesses that have an up-to-date, well-segmented database have a natural head start in meeting sales goals.
If you’re still using Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel to manage your database, it’s time for an upgrade.
Here are some tips to get you started:
● Use affordable CRM options such as MailChimp, Active Campaign and PipeDrive.
● Migrate your database to your CRM and consider various segmentation options like location, industry or company size.
● Send personalised emails to your database with offers, news or useful content.
2. Implement video marketing
Between platforms like TikTok and features like Instagram’s Reels, video content has seen a massive spike in popularity in recent years which is forecast to increase.
Statistics show that 52 per cent of consumers say watching product videos gives them more confidence in making buying decisions and businesses have reported higher conversion rates with video marketing.
Research supports that if your site includes video, it is 50 times more likely to generate organic search results compared to text – Google also amplifies the SEO of pages that include video.
Some simple ideas for your video content:
● Cost-effective, engaging videos can be made in-house with just an iPhone.
● Consider using your videos as YouTube ads. YouTube ads can reach your ideal persona for a reasonable cost.
● Maximise your videos by amplifying them across your social media sites, email and website.
3. Optimise your Google My Business profile
If your business has a physical office, go and claim your Google My Business profile stat. This will help people looking for your company find you faster. Google My Business continues to grow in importance as a local ranking factor.
To optimise your profile:
● Go to Google Maps, search, claim and verify your business.
● Include all relevant information about your operations.
● Add relevant photos and provide a working phone number.
● Ask your patrons to leave a Google Review.
- Optimise your website for SEO
Increasing your website’s organic ranking may take time and deliberate effort, but this will no doubt pay off with virtually free website traffic and leads into your sales pipeline. Here are some quick wins you can implement on your website to increase your visibility on Google, Bing, and other browsers your target audience uses:
● Ensure that your website has a mobile responsive design.
● Optimise existing pages with a relevant meta description, title and alt-image by using WordPress plugins like SEO Yoast.
● Create a FAQs section and answer your prospects’ most pressing questions in a clear manner.
5. Run low-budget Google Ad search campaigns
Even with a low media budget, Google Ads are a sure-fire way to get in front of the right audience in a timely and cost-effective way and not miss out on potential leads.
Leverage Google Ads’ exceptional targeting options that include not just age, geography and gender but also layer this further with their interest or different audience profiles that Google has built within the ads platform.