A variety of small businesses will see their names up in lights at sporting stadia around the country this weekend as part of Telstra’s small business campaign. The 17 small businesses to be featured at NRL and AFL games are funding their advertising with their share of a more than $1 million the Telco put up to help the small-business sector in its post-pandemic recovery.
“Small to medium businesses are the engine room of our economy and we want them to keep kicking goals,” Telstra Consumer and Small Business Group Executive, Michael Ackland, said. “We’re thrilled to be able to give these 17 small businesses the opportunity to have their name up in the lights.
“These small businesses will be able to reach millions of game attendees and living rooms across the country, something only big businesses with big budgets can normally afford,” Ackland added. ““For many, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we hope it’s a great way to put the spotlight on some of the businesses that kept our economy going over the past 12 months.”
The businesses – that range from a barber shop to an avocado-themed tour bus company, and a children’s clothing label to a trail-riding enterprise – will benefit from exposure to visiting patrons and television audiences via signage, in-game content and references to their names by commentators.
Another 50 small businesses who missed out on the main prize will be promoted at Telstra retail stores and at Telstra.com.
The winners were selected from those small businesses that registered interest for the new Telstra Business Go Digital Consult service, which helps businesses embrace digital transformation – the company is offering Telstra Business Go Digital Consults to all small businesses for free throughout 2021.
The 17 small business that will be featured over the weekend are:
- Ace of Blade Barber Shop (Wynnum, QLD) – Rabbitohs v. Storm
- Brite Spark Electrical Services (Ashfield, NSW) – Eels v. Roosters
- West Words (Parramatta, NSW) – Panthers v. Sharks
- Holbrook Bakery (Holbrook, NSW) – Raiders v. Knights
- Unico Kitchens (Ingleburn, NSW) – Tigers v. Titans
- Muscle Mat (Brisbane, QLD) – Cowboys v. Broncos
- EME Roofing (Lidcombe, NSW) – Dragons v. Bulldogs
- Vegepod (Sydney, NSW) – Sea Eagles v. Warriors
- Animal Land Children’s Farm (Diggers Rest, VIC) – Richmond v. Geelong
- Chum Creek Horse Riding & Huts (Yarra Valley, VIC) – Melbourne v. Sydney
- The Little Veggie Patch Co. (Melbourne, VIC) – North Melbourne v. Collingwood
- Just Shear (Yorke Peninsula, SA) – Suns v. St Kilda
- TradiePad (Sydney, NSW) – Giants v. Essendon
- Goldie + Ace (Melbourne, VIC) – Port Adelaide v. Crows
- Dean Stringer Carpentry (Hervey Bay, QLD) – Western Bulldogs v. Carlton
- New Style Painting Service (Perth, WA) – Fremantle v. Brisbane Lions (Round 21)
- The Avocado Bus & Mine Movers (Perth, WA) – Hawthorn v. West Coast.